HOW CAN WE HELP?
We’re available by phone, text, live chat or email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Placing an order
What is the status of my order?
You can check the status of your order by logging in to your account.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Bancontact and iDeal.
Do I need to create an account to place an order?
Yes, all new customers are required to create an account. Creating an account is quick and simple. Just a few easy steps and you are on your way.
Can I cancel or change an order after I’ve placed it?
We move quickly to get your order shipped as soon as possible so please contact us as soon as possible.
Do the listed prices include VAT?
Yes, all listed prices on the website are inclusive of VAT.
Where does AAYALI ship?
We currently ship to Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. Our goal is to ship AAYALI worldwide soon! Email us at email@example.com and tell us where you’d like us to ship to.
How much does shipping cost?
We offer FREE 2-7 business day shipping to Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands on all orders.
Can I expedite an order?
We are working on adding priority shipping to our delivery methods. Sign up for our newsletter on the bottom of this page to stay informed.
Returns & Exchanges
Can I return my order?
Yes, we accept unopened, unused and undamaged products for a refund to your original method of payment or an AAYALI digital gift card within 30 days of receipt. If you want to return an order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the return shipping cost is your responsibility unless you opt for a refund to an AAYALI digital gift card. In that case, we will cover the return shipping cost.
Can I exchange my order?
Exchanges are not possible, but you do have the option of returning your product(s). Afterwards you can place a new order if you want another product.
Can I return an order that was a gift?
Yes, you will receive an AAYALI digital gift card for the value of the returned product(s). Gift cards do not expire. Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to make a return.
Do you offer gift cards?
Yes, we offer digital gift cards. When you purchase a digital gift card, you can fill in the email address of your gift receiver, choose the delivery date of the email, and they will receive an email with a gift card code. You can also email it to yourself if you want to hand it over in person.
Learn more about our gift cards here.
Can I return a gift card?
Gift cards are not refundable and cannot be changed or returned.
Does a gift card expire?
Gift cards do not expire.
How do subscriptions work?
Treat yourself to an olfactory experience every 3 months!
- Simply choose a style of candle and fragrance(s) and we’ll deliver a candle package directly to your doorstep every 3 months.
- All subscription candles are beautifully wrapped in our signature packaging.
Interested in a candle subscription? Sign up here.
When will I be billed for my subscription?
- You will be billed for the first delivery immediately upon ordering a subscription. Thereafter, you will be billed every 3 months between 2-7 days before your package is ready to ship.
Can I pause my subscription?
Yes, you can. To pause your subscription, log in to your account and go to the subscriptions section of your account. If you have any trouble, don't hesitate to contact us.
Can I change the delivery address of my subscription?
Yes, you can. Simply log in to your account and go to the subscriptions section of your account to update your delivery address. Changes can be made up until 1 week before the shipment date of your package.
Can I change the fragrance for my future deliveries?
Yes, you can. Simply log in to your account and go to the subscriptions section of your account to change the fragrance(s) for your next deliveries. Changes can be made up until 1 week before the shipment date of your package.
Can I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time after your first delivery. You can do this by logging in to your account and going to the subscriptions section of your account.
How do gift subscriptions work?
Our gift subscriptions are the perfect way to thank or give someone the gift of AAYALI. Surprise them not once but 4 times over the course of one year!
- Simply choose one of the fixed one-year options and we’ll deliver a candle package to them every 3 months directly to their doorstep for one year (4 deliveries).
- All gift subscription candles are beautifully wrapped in our signature packaging.
- You pre-pay the gift subscription at once so your gift receiver does not have to worry about anything.
- Gift subscriptions do not automatically renew after one year.
Can I pause my gift subscription?
Yes, as a gift receiver you can easily pause your gift subscription by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I change the delivery address of my gift subscription?
Yes, as a gift receiver you can change the delivery address of your gift subscription by emailing us at email@example.com. Changes can be made up until 1 week before the shipment date.
Can I change the fragrance for my future deliveries?
Yes, as a gift receiver you can change the fragrance(s) of your future deliveries by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes can be made up until 1 week before the shipment date.
How do I cancel or return a gift subscription?
We do not offer cancellations on gift subscriptions after the first package has shipped. If you would like to cancel a gift subscription you’ve given, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible after placing your order.
What happens when a gift subscription ends?
We will notify the recipient that the subscription has ended along with a note in their last shipment. A gift subscription will not automatically renew.
The first time you light your candle:
Allow your candle to burn until the top layer of wax is fully melted. Please keep in mind this may take several hours. The first burn is important to prevent tunneling which refers to an uneven burn where the wax near the wick melts but the edges do not.
- Trim the wick to 0.5 - 1 cm length each time before lighting. A long wick can cause black smoke to occur and flaring. Trimming the wick also prevents rapid burning so it will make your candle last longer.
- Keep your candle away from drafts. Bursts of air can cause the flame to dance around and give off soot.
- Re-center and straighten the wick if needed after putting your candle out. This will prevent an uneven burn and soot stains forming on the candle vessel.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended. Keep your candle out of reach from kids and pets.
- Place your candle on a stable, fireproof surface or holder away from flammable items.
- Store your candle in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or intense light to extend the longevity of your candle.
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Leave at least 5 mm of wax (not melted) at the bottom. This will prevent possible heat damage to the jar and the surface your candle is placed on.
- After the first burn, do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. This will preserve the fragrance and extend the life of your candle.
- Last but not least! Once you’ve burned out your candle, breathe new life into your candle vessel and repurpose it in your home. Click here for ideas on how to reuse your candle vessel (from a chic pen holder to a cute succulent vase to a vanity organizer).
How to take care of solid brass accessories?
Our accessories are handmade from 100% solid brass. Brass, an alloy of copper and zinc, is one of the most durable metals. It does not rust and when treated carefully, it can last for generations.
- To clean / buff out fingerprints, use a soft cloth
- With time and use, solid brass will develop a unique, natural patina. It is a matter of personal taste whether you polish the brass or not. To restore the original luster, clean with a gentle brass polish and a soft cloth
- Use a protective cloth or padding when storing or stacking
- Do not place in the dishwasher
- Our accessories are for decorative use only
Given the handmade nature of our accessories, slight variations and imperfections are possible and are to be celebrated. Each accessory is unique and no two are exactly alike.
How do I place a large order (wedding favors, bachelorette, baby shower, etc)?
If you’d like to purchase more than 10 units, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Can I place a corporate order?
If you’d like to purchase AAYALI products for your business, please email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Where does the name AAYALI come from?
The story goes as follows:
Julie, our founder, was traveling through India when building the foundation for AAYALI. While brainstorming a name for the brand, she came across the name "Anjali" (a girl's name in India) which means "gift" in Sanskrit. The word immediately resonated with Julie and after playing around with different permutations, AAYALI was born. The connection of the underlying meaning to our brand mission made it the perfect brand name!
We’ve all been given the extraordinary gift of life. It is our responsibility and our choice how we live it, what we do with it and how we give meaning to our life, our gift.
Where do I direct press or marketing inquiries?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.